By the Italian Mint ……
On February 22 the Italian Mint issued two more coins from the mint’s Numismatica 2018 collection were issued to celebrate two important historical-artistic themes: the Baroque cultural and artistic movement born in Rome around the third decade of the 17th century, and Marcus Ulpius Nerva Traianus, otherwise known as Trajan and generally recognized as one of the best Roman emperors.
Europa Star: The Baroque €10 Silver Coin
The first coin from the Italian Mint is part of the Europa Star Program series, and is a celebration of “Il Barocco”. Made of silver, with a nominal value of 10 euros, the coin was created by the artist engraver of the State Mint, Maria Carmela Colaneri. It has a circulation of 4,500 pieces for the “proof” version.
On the obverse, inside a circle inserted into a five-pointed star, the coin reproduces the face of a female representing Italy, with figurative elements taken from the emblem of the Italian Republic: a toothed wheel toothed and branches of oak and olive. At the top, between two points of the star, a turreted crown; at the bottom, the logo of the Europa Star Program and the name of the designer “COLANERI”; below, on the right, is the letter “R”, identifier of the Mint of Rome; in the turn, the inscription “ITALIAN REPUBLIC”.
On the reverse side, detail of the statue of Santa Veronica made by Francesco Mochi (St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican), which is intertwined with various architectural elements of Bernini and Borromini, representative of Baroque art. In the left field, vertically, are the words “IL BAROCCO”; at the top, the denomination “10 EURO” and the issue year “2018”; below, the name of the author “COLANERI”.
Roman Emperors: Trajan €10 Commemorative Coin
The second gold coin is dedicated to Trajan for the Roman Emperors series. Made by State Mint engraver Claudia Momoni, this coin has a nominal value of 10 euros and a circulation of 1,500 pieces for the “proof” version.
On the obverse the coin reproduces the right-hand profile of Marcus Ulpius Nerva Traianus, who reigned from 98 to 117 CE. In the round the inscription “REPVBBLICA ITALIANA”.
On the reverse, the honorary Arch of Trajan in Benevento, raised on the decision of the Roman Senate at the intersection of the Via Appia and the Via Traiana, a route that led from Rome to the port of Brindisi; it was completed, as stated in the inscription on the attic, in 114 CE. In the field, within the fornix, “R”, identifier of the Mint of Rome; on the left, the value of “10”, on the right “EVRO”; above, the year of issue “2018”; in the exergue, the inscription “TRAIANVS” and the name of the artist, “MOMONI”.
- 10-piece divisional set with 5 euro enamelled AG 70th Anniversary of the entry into force of the Italian Constitution – FDC
- 2 euro 60th Anniversary of the Institution of the Ministry of Health – PROOF
- 9-piece division series 60th Anniversary of the Ministry of Health – FDC
- 5 euro AG 900th Anniversary of the Dedication of the Cathedral of Pisa – PROOF
- 20 euros AU Artemisia Gentileschi – “Women in Art” Series
- 10 euro AG Cathedral of Trani – Puglia, Italy Series of the Arts – PROOF
- 5 euro bimetallica Artistic Treasures of Amatrice – FDC
- 5 euro AG 50th Anniversary of the birth of the National Police – FDC
- 5 euro AG Veneto Villas – Veneto, Italy Series of Arts – PROOF
- Series 10 pieces with 5 euro AG glazed 70th Anniversary of the entry into force of the Italian Constitution – PROOF
NGC-Certified €10 Silver Coins Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WPeBayAds)|