By Central Bank of Portugal …..
The Central Bank of Portugal (Banco de Portugal) will put a cupronickel-alloy collector coin into circulation starting 13 September 2016, with a face value of €5, entitled ‘D. Catarina de Bragança’ (Catherine of Brazanga), within the ‘Queens of Europe series’.
The coin will be distributed to the public through credit institutions and Banco de Portugal’s cash offices.
The Catherine of Brazanga coin is legal tender only in Portugal and has the following features:
On the obverse:
- In the middle, the image of a cup of tea, alluding to the introduction of this beverage to the English court by Queen Catherine of Braganza;
- On the left, the Portuguese coat of arms and the face value;
- On the right, the vertical inscription ‘Five O´Clock Tea’, and, on the upper left edge, the words ‘Portugal’ and ‘2016’.
On the reverse:
- In the middle, the Queen’s bust;
- On the left, the words ‘D. Catarina de Bragança’ and ‘1638 -1705’.
The characteristics of this coin were approved by Executive Order No 64-B/2016, published in the Official Gazette, Series I – No 63 of 31 March. The issue limit was set at 75,000 coins with normal finish.
€5 Commemorative Coins Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WPeBayAds)|