A new month brings another extensive array of Royal Canadian Mint collector coins that continue to impress customers with their signature craftsmanship as well as exciting innovations. Extreme relief, new shapes and novel coin enhancements are among the stand-out features of several new coins that are bound to turn heads in a diverse line-up that is now available for purchase.
Just in time for the start of a new NHL® season, the Mint is proud to introduce the 2017 $50 Fine Silver Coin – 125th Anniversary of the Stanley Cup®, the first-ever Stanley Cup-shaped coin crafted of three ounces of 99.99% pure silver. The most sought-after trophy in professional hockey is faithfully reproduced in detail in a reduced-scale replica that offers sports memorabilia collectors a keepsake like no other.
With the 150th anniversary of Confederation still in our hearts and minds, the Mint has created the 2017 Fine Silver Puzzle Coin – Canada 150. Designed by Cathy Bursey-Sabourin, the 14-piece puzzle features a central coin showcasing Parliament Hill’s famous Peace Tower and Eternal Flame surrounded by an outer ring of 13 pieces each displaying the colored coat of arms of every Canadian province and territory.
Soapstone, a favorite medium of indigenous Arctic sculptors, also makes its debut on the 2018 $50 Fine Silver Coin – Polar Bear Soapstone Coin designed by artist Dave Zachary. A real three-dimensional sculpture adorns a five-ounce silver coin representing an ice floe surrounded by blue-enameled Arctic waters. The hand carving of each polar bear makes every coin a unique work of art.
Other new collectibles include:
- The 2017 Pure Platinum Set – A Royal Wedding Anniversary commemorating the 70th wedding anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip with maple leaf and royal monogram designs by Marie-Élaine Cusson;
- The 2018 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Golden Maple Leaf enhanced by a three-dimensional 18 KT gold leaf over a design by artist Michelle Grant;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Majestic Maple Leaves with Drusy Stone designed by Lisa Thomson Khan;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Canada: Protecting Our Future, featuring a hologram-enhanced Corinne Hunt design in the tradition of aboriginal Pacific Northwest culture;
- The 2017 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Animals in the Moonlight: Great Horned Owl, designed by Curtis Atwater and featuring glow-in-the-dark technology;
- The 2017 $15 Fine Silver Coin – Great Horned Owl, with a striking enamel highlight of the airborne predator’s eyes which also glow in the dark, also designed by Curtis Atwater;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – From Sea to Sea to Sea: Pacific Salmon, designed by Tony Bianco;
- The 2017 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Endangered Animal Cutout: Whooping Crane, featuring a design by artist Trevor Tennant;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Ice Crystals, enhanced by blue sparkle enamel on a snowflake design by artist Don Komarachka;
- The 2018 $25,000 Pure Gold Coin – Lunar Lotus: Year of the Dog, a new lotus-shaped pure gold kilo coin designed by Three Degrees Creative Group;
- The 2018 $15 Fine Silver Coin – Year of the Dog, designed by Aries Cheung;
- The 2017 $50 Fine Silver Coin – DC Comics Originals: All Star Comics featuring the work of various artists from the “Golden Age of Comic Books”; and
- The double crystal-enhanced 2017 $3 Fine Silver Coin Zodiac Series – Scorpio (November), designed by Pandora Young.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each coin can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca. The products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint’s boutiques in Ottawa, Winnipeg and Vancouver, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
NHL, the NHL Shield, and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2017. All Rights Reserved.
* * *
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada’s circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company, the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca.
NGC-Certified Canadian Gold Maple Leafs Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WPeBayAds)|