The Royal Canadian Mint is again offering its customers a wide variety of collectibles with its second numismatic catalogue of 2018. All sharing the Mint’s signature craftsmanship and innovation, these products are designed to please a wide variety of customers: from the new coin buyer to the experienced collector. These new coins are currently available for purchase.
Among the most notable issues is the 2018 $250 Pure Gold Coin – A Crown Jewel, featuring 17 genuine rubies and selective platinum plating on a 99.99% pure gold coin recalling the dazzling array of precious stones found on Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s Burmese Tiara.
The newest addition to the Mint’s exclusive 5-9s pure gold coins is the 2018 $200 Pure Gold Coin – Ultra-High Relief Ancestor Moon Mask. Designed by Pacific Northwest artist Andy Everson, it features a portrait of Ancestor Moon, which draws the eye with its exceptionally high relief and contrasting finishes.
The Mint is also issuing its first 5 oz. curved coin with the 2018 $50 Fine Silver Coin – Maple Leaves in Motion. Designed by artist Claudio D’Angelo, the dramatic convex shape of its reverse is enhanced by an antiqued finish.
Another impressive maple leaf design, created by artist Maurade Baynton and appearing on one kilogram of 4-9s pure gold, can be found on the 2018 $2,500 Pure Gold Coin – Sugar Maple Majesty.
Other products in the Mint’s February repertoire include:
- The 2018 Specimen Set, featuring the Burrowing Owl on a special one-dollar coin designed by artist Pierre Girard;
- The 2018 $30 Fine Silver Coin – The Queen’s Gate: Formal Entrance to Parliament Hill, featuring the artwork of Cathy Bursey-Sabourin and Patrick Bélanger on the Mint’s newest filigree-enhanced coin;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Canadian Honours: 25th Anniversary of the Star of Military Valour;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Golden Spring Pysanka, with selective gold plating highlighting a colorful Ann C. Morash design;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Majestic Wildlife: Courageous Cougar, featuring a colored design by artist Pierre Leduc;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Nature’s Impressions: Wolf, the final coin in a series featuring engraved animal footprints, designed by artist Claudio D’Angelo;
- The 2018 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Lucky Clover, with a shamrock green four-leaf clover design by artist Lisa Thomson;
- The 2018 $20 Pure Silver Coin – Norse Figureheads: The Dragon’s Sail, the latest in a three-coin series of Patrick Bélanger-designed coins revisiting Canada’s ties to Viking exploration;
- The 2018 $15 Fine Silver Coin – Celebration of Spring: Apple Blossoms, featuring a colorful illustration by artist Jan Poynter;
- The 2018 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Maple Leaves, brilliantly highlighting the artwork of Celia Godkin against a specimen finish;
- The 2018 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Star TrekTM: The Next Generation, featuring the iconic USS Enterprise in vivid colour enhanced by glow-in-the-dark technology;
- The 2018 $3 Fine Silver Coin – The Thirteen Teachings from Grandmother Moon: Bear Moon, designed by Frank Polson; and,
- The crystal-enhanced 2018 $5 Fine Silver Coin – Birthstones: March, featuring a mandala-inspired aquamarine design by artist Pandora Young.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each coin can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca.
The products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint’s boutiques in Ottawa and Winnipeg, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
* * *
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada’s circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company, the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca.
NGC-Certified Canadian Gold Maple Leafs Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WPeBayAds)|