The Royal Canadian Mint continues to celebrate distinctly Canadian stories by launching another diverse selection of collector coins in its fourth numismatic catalogue of 2017. These coins are currently available for purchase.
The Mint’s latest offering includes a new series of fine silver coins dedicated to Canada’s highest honors, starting with a tribute to the Sacrifice Medal, which the Mint currently produces for Canada’s Armed Forces. Featuring the well-known Vimy Memorial figure of Canada mourning her fallen sons, this coin is enhanced with the red, black and white color scheme of the Sacrifice Medal’s ribbon.
The Mint is also offering new collectibles celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary. Among these is an ultra-high relief 10 oz. fine silver coin recreating the ornate design of the 1867 Confederation Medal, with an obverse that combines the effigies of Their Majesties Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II. This is the first in a three-coin series featuring classic allegorical designs.
A more modern tribute to Canada 150 is found in the 2017 $5 Fine Silver Coin – Proudly Canadian, whose Tony Bianco design captures the spectacle and excitement of the traditional Canada Day fireworks display. A colored Canadian flag surrounded by a flourish of exploding fireworks also lights up at night thanks to the addition of glow-in-the-dark technology. The Mint is also offering the 2017 My Canada, My Inspiration Special Wrap Roll Collection featuring coin rolls of all five 2017 commemorative denominations issued in celebration of Canada 150.
New coins offered in the April 2017 catalogue also include:
- The 2017 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Celebrating Canada’s 150th: Wild Swift Fox and Pups, featuring the photography of Saskatchewan’s John E. Marriott;
- The 2017 Fine Silver Coin – Big Coin Series: Alex Colville Designs (5-Cent) crafted of five ounces of selectively gold-plated silver;
- The 2017 $100 Fine Silver Coin – Sculpture of Majestic Canadian Animals: Elk featuring a gold-plated three-dimensional embellishment by Canadian big game sculptor Karl Lansing;
- New half-kilo pure gold and fine silver 2017-dated coins also celebrating the elk, designed by artist Pierre Leduc;
- The 2017 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Spring Sightings, featuring Silvia Pecota’s colored design of deer foraging though a forest in early spring;
- The 2017 $50 Fine Silver Coin – Maple Leaves in Motion, an innovative 5 oz. convex coin featuring the work of artist Lisa Thomson-Khan;
- The 2017 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Birds Among Nature’s Colours: Northern Flicker, designed by Jean-Charles Daumas;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Pearl Flowers, featuring genuine mother-of-pearl embellishments on a design of pearl yarrow flowers by artist Margaret Best;
- The 2017 $15 Fine Silver Coin – Celebration of Spring: Lilac Blossoms colorfully designed by artist Jan Poynter;
- The $30 Fine Silver Coin – Animals in the Moonlight: Lynx, featuring glow-in-the-dark technology enhancing a color design by Curtis Atwater;
- The 2017 $15 Fine Silver Coin –Great Canadian Outdoors: Sunset Canoeing, enhancing the full-color artwork of Joel Kimmel with a glow-in-the-dark effect;
- The 2017 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Star TrekTM: Five Captains, celebrating all five captains of the entire Star Trek franchise on an imposing colored 2 oz. coin, whose glow-in-the-dark enhancement reveals the U.S.S. Enterprise and the iconic Delta Shield insignia;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Star TrekTM: The Borg, celebrating the 30th anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation; and
- The double crystal-enhanced 2017 $3 Fine Silver Coin Zodiac Series – Taurus (May), designed by Pandora Young.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each product can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca.
All of these products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint’s boutiques in Ottawa, Winnipeg and Vancouver, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
* * *
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada’s circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high-quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca.
Canadian Gold Maple Leafs Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WPeBayAds)|