5 oz. Pure Silver Coin – Murano Maple Leaf: Autumn Radiance – Mintage: 2,000
The Royal Canadian Mint has launched a new world first with a 5 oz. silver coin featuring a vibrantly coloured, handcrafted venetian glass element gracing the heart of an engraved ring of maple leaves designed by artist Lisa Thomson-Khan.
The 2016 $50 Fine Silver Coin – Murano Maple Leaf: Autumn Radiance captures the vivid reds, oranges and yellows of Canada’s fall foliage in a handcrafted glass maple leaf which makes every coin a unique collectible. This is being sold for $549.95 CAD
Another glass innovation is found on the 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – The Universe: Glow-in-the-Dark Glass with Silver Flume, which recognizes the National Research Council’s Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory in a design by Ardell Bourgeois, which also features a bead of borosilicate glass with a silver swirl mimicking the pattern of a radio signal.
These unique coins are joined by varied tributes to Canadian history and nature, all of which are available for purchase as of Tuesday, May 3.
Other coins available this month include:
- The 2016 $200 Pure Gold Coin – Tall Ships Legacy: Marco Polo, designed by Neil Hamelin (coin 2 of 4);
- The selectively-coloured 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Aircraft of the First World War Series: The Sopwith Triplane, designed by David A. Oram (coin 2 of 3);
- The 2016 5-cent Fine Silver Coin – Big Coin Series, featuring G. E. Kruger-Gray’s iconic 1937 beaver design in full colour;
- The 2016 $350 Pure Gold Coin – The Bold Black Bear, featuring a Pierre Leduc design on a very low-mintage, 99.999% pure gold coin;
- The half-gram 2017 25-cent Pure Gold Coin – Predator vs. Prey – Arctic Hare also by Pierre Leduc;
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – The Commanding Canadian Lynx, from the ongoing Majestic Animal series, by Emily S. Damstra;
- The 2016 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Reflections of Wildlife: Otter, designed by Maurade Baynton (coin 2 of 3);
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Landscape Illusion: Butterfly, designed by Julius Csotonyi (coin 2 of 5);
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Geometry in Art: The Beaver, by artist Calder Moore (coin 4 of 5);
- The selectively-coloured 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Canadian Salmonids: Sockeye Salmon, designed by Curtis Atwater (final coin in a series of 3);
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Baby Animals: Common Loon, featuring a selectively coloured illustration by Glen Loates;
- The 2016 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Day of the Dinosaurs – The Armoured Tank, featuring the Edmontonia species of ankylosaur, illustrated by Julius Csotonyi (final coin in a series of 3);
- The 2016 $10 Fine Silver Coin Batman v Superman: Dawn Of JusticeTM – BATMANTM (coin 3 of 4);
- and The crystal-enhanced 2016 $5 Fine Silver Coin Birthstone Series – June (coin 6 of 12).
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each coin can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca. The products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca.
The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint’s boutiques in Ottawa, Winnipeg and Vancouver, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada’s circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company, the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca.
Canadian Silver Maple Leafs Currently Available on eBay