The Royal Canadian Mint continues to open new windows on the story of Canada with its newest offering of collector coins. These finely crafted collectibles are available for purchase as of today.
The Mint has released another exciting coin innovation with its first-ever use of filigree on the 2017 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Gate to Enchanted Garden. Made of white bronze, the filigree pattern designed by Margaret Best creates the realistic impression of an intricate wrought-iron gate behind which beckons artist Tony Bianco’s scene of a lush, colorful garden.
More “Mint firsts” are found on two new maple leaf-shaped coins: The 2017 $200 Pure Gold Coin – Autumn Fire, featuring the debut of gradient technology coloring the tips of the leaf a fiery red and fading gradually to reveal its bright gold centre and the 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Gilded Silver Maple Leaf, featuring artist Joel Kimmel’s repeating pattern of maple leaves, of which three are highlighted in selective gold plating.
More tributes to Canada 150 are being released, including:
- The 2017 Commemorative Proof Set – 1967 Centennial Coins, reproducing Alex Colville’s famed centennial circulation coin designs, including a gold plated version of the special edition $20 gold coin issued 50 years ago;
- The 2017 5-Ounce Fine Silver Coin – Big Coin Series: Alex Colville Designs: 1 Cent;
- The $20 Fine Silver Coin – Locomotives Across Canada: GE ES44AC, illustrated by John Mantha;
- The 2017 $25 Fine Silver Coin – The Great Trail, a rectangular-shaped coin designed by Steve Hepburn in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Great Trail of Canada; and
- The 2017 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Flora and Fauna of Canada, featuring plant and wildlife icons representing every Canadian province and territory in a 360-degree Steve Hepburn design.
Other coins available as of today include:
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Canadian Honours: 45th anniversary of the Cross of Valour;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Second World War: Battlefront Series – The Bombing War, featuring a formation Avro Lancaster B. III bombers dropping their bomb loads over Occupied Europe in a dramatic illustration by Glen Loates;
- The 2017 $100 14-Karat Gold Coin – Raven Brings the Light, honoring the classic formline design of Pacific Northwest First Nations art by Andy Everson in striking black and gold;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Canada’s Cost Series: Atlantic Coast featuring a lighthouse and diving whale design by artist Curtis Atwater;
- The 2017 $20 Pure Silver Coin – Jewel of the Rain: Sugar Maple Leaves, a crystal enhanced colored coin designed by Lisa Thomson-Khan;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Nocturnal by Nature: The Little Brown Bat, featuring selective black rhodium plating on a deign by Calder Moore;
- The 2017 $100 Fine Silver Coin – Sculpture of Majestic Canadian Animals: Wolf, featuring a 3D gold-plated sculpture by sculptor Karl Lansing;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Glistening North: The Arctic Wolf, designed by artist Maurade Baynton;
- The 2017 $5 Fine Silver Coin – ANA World’s Fair of Money, a 1 oz. silver coin featuring artist Jesse Koreck’s design of a maple leaf overlapping a Rocky Mountain Columbine, Colorado’s State Flower, accompanied by the lantern symbol of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), which is hosting its 2017 summer convention in Denver, Colorado;
- The 2017 Fine Silver Fractional Set – Maple Leaf Tribute, designed by Stan Witten;
- The 2018 Pure Gold Maple Leaf Fractional Set featuring a stylized maple leaf design by artist Caren Heine, engraved on 99.999% pure gold coins;
- Three new coins celebrating the upcoming Chinese Lunar Year of the Dog: the 2018 $150 Gold Coin featuring the artwork of Aries Cheung; the 2018 $15 Fine Silver Coin – Lunar Lotus, designed by Three Degrees Creative Group; and the 2018 $15 Fine Silver Coin illustrated by Simon Ng;
- The 2017 $50 Fine Silver Coin – DC Comics Originals: The Brave and the Bold, featuring reverse gold plating from which the contrasting silver engraving of Superman appears to burst from a collage of laser-engraved comic book frames; and
- The double crystal-enhanced 2017 $3 Fine Silver Coin Zodiac Series – Virgo (September), designed by Pandora Young.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each coin can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca. All of these products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint’s boutiques in Ottawa, Winnipeg and Vancouver, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
* * *
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada’s circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company, the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca.
Canadian Silver Maple Leafs Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WP eBay Ads)|