The Heritage December 5-7 Signature auction of US coins, taking place at Heritage’s world headquarters in Dallas, is now open for bidding! Building on the momentum from the ANA auction, Long Beach, and others, it features a loaded Premier Session on Thursday evening, December 5, plus two floor sessions on Friday — one in the afternoon, followed by an evening session. Our online-only Internet Signature® Session is on Saturday afternoon, December 7. Highlights stand out through all categories of U.S. coinage, from early type to a host of modern rarities.
Four Featured Collections headline the auction:
- The Lithuania Collection, Part II, featuring high-grade Barber half dollars such as an attractively toned 1892-S (Ex: Eugene H. Gardner Collection), plus Gem 1899-O and 1900-S coins with beautiful prooflike surfaces. A number of fine early 20th century eagles and double eagles round out the consignment.
- The Burgess Lee Berlin, M.D., J.D. Collection, Part II, a one coin consignment consisting of a beautiful Superb Gem High Relief Saint-Gaudens double eagle with Wire Rim, one of the finest pieces known, certified MS68 NGC.
- The Stone Arch Collection, offering a quintet of early gold pieces that will have gold specialists scrambling to bid. A 1795 13 Leaves BD-2 eagle grades XF45 PCGS with CAC, while a Choice Uncirculated 1801 ten dollar gold, BD-2, is also CAC approved. An 1803 eagle is the Small Reverse Stars variety (BD-3) in nearly full Mint State, certified AU58 PCGS, CAC. A 1798 Large Eagle five represents early half eagles, graded MS62 NGC with a Large 8, 13 Stars Reverse (BD-2, R.5). The popular 1806/4 quarter eagle with 8×5 Stars (BD-1) is graded AU58 NGC to complete this small-but-impressive group of Premier Session gold.
- The Spring Creek Collection, Part I, focusing on 18th- and 19th-century silver type, plus a few copper pieces added for good measure. The coins are largely in circulated condition, many with CAC endorsement, and nearly all with Choice surfaces.
Elsewhere in the auction, Territorial gold and high-grade type are of note, as well as coins such as:
- 1892-O $1 MS66 PCGS
- 1892-S $1 MS61 NGC
- 1833 $5 Small Date, BD-3, High R.7, MS61 PCGS
- 1861-O $20 AU53 NGC
- 1871-CC $20 XF45 NGC
- 1891 $20 AU55 PCGS
- 1915-S Panama-Pacific 50 Dollar Round MS64 PCGS. CAC
Bid on this auction now at HA.com/Coins.