Impressive Collections Anchor Legend’s Latest Regency Sale
Legend Rare Coin Auctions (LRCA) is proud to present the 24th Regency Auction in conjunction with the ever-popular PCGS Members’ Show on the evening of Thursday, December 14 at Caesar’s in Las Vegas. As always, Legend’s boutique auction venue has brought together impressive collections that anchor the sale.
The first 100+ lots of the sale present two anchors, starting with the Bubbabells Collection–the current #2 Basic U.S. Design Type Set, including Gold on the PCGS Set Registry and the York Collection–a neat assemblage of key date issues, including condition rarities from the Carson City Mint in both silver and gold. The remaining lots contain hand selected coins from a number of numismatic enthusiasts. There are a number of finest and tied for finest-graded examples, key dates, beautifully preserved type coins and rare patterns that will delight any collector, advanced and novice alike. The sale features the JBR Collection, a PCGS Registry Set of Carson City Morgan dollars, and the AMG Collection of Proof Barber Dimes, which is currently among the top PCGS sets on the Registry, and all are CAC approved.
All told there are 392 lots that will cross the auction block, and the list below represents just a few highlights:
- Lot 26: 25C 1890 PR68 . From the Bubbabells Collection
- Lot 37: $1 1799/8 15 Star Reverse PCGS MS62. From the Bubbabells Collection
- Lot 50: $5 1897-S PCGS MS67+ . From the Bubbabells Collection
- Lot 61: 5C 1867 Rays PCGS PR64+ . From the York Collection
- Lot 72: 25C 1873-CC Arrows PCGS AU55. From the York Collection
- Lot 87: $2.50 1826/’5’ PCGS AU55. From the York Collection
- Lot 104: $20 1866-S No Motto PCGS AU55 . From the York Collection
- Lot 117: 1C 1858 Large Letters PCGS PR65+
- Lot 197: The AMG Collection of Proof Barber Dimes, all PCGS/CAC
- Lot 214: 25C 1897-S PCGS MS67
- Lot 226: 50C 1795 PCGS MS62. Ex Col. Green/Newman
- Lot 281: $1 1889-CC PCGS MS63. From the JBR Collection
- Lot 354: $10 1930-S PCGS MS64+
- Lot 383: 50C 1926 Sesquicentennial PCGS MS66
“What a great final auction for 2017,” declared Legend Rare Coin Auction’s president, Julie Abrams. “We are excited to present these exciting numismatic treasures in our 24th Regency Auction. There really is something for every collector of U.S. Federally issued coins.”
“And,” Laura Sperber, LRCA founder interjected, “whether you are looking for a new area to collect, or are upgrading coins in your current set, there will be something for you!”
And with the 2017 auction season now complete, LRCA looks forward to 2018! The Regency Auction 25 is fast approaching, and there is still time to get select coins consigned to that event. Taking place on January 25, 2018, your coins need to be in house by December 14, so contact Julie Abrams or Greg Cohen today to discuss your holdings!
* * *
Legend Rare Coin Auctions (LRCA), founded in 2012 by Laura Sperber is a boutique auction firm that handles the finest in U.S. rare coins. Every coin offered is vetted by two world-class numismatists. As the official auctioneer of the PCGS Members Show, Regency Auctions are conducted four or five times a year and are limited to roughly 500 lots. A Premier Session Internet Only Auction is held monthly, featuring 150-200 hand selected lots. For more information, or to consign, contact Greg Cohen or Julie Abrams.
Connect with Legend Rare Coin Auctions on social media: