The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) is pleased to introduce, “Homefront”, one of three cards in the World War I – 100th Anniversary 2018 Intaglio Print Program. The Treasury Department issued Liberty Loans and Victory Bonds produced by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing to assist with financing the Great War. This collection highlights inspiring allegorical and historical figures featured on these bonds, engraved American iconography, and currency issued during the War. The complete three-card World War I collection is available for $51.00.
NOTE: This product will begin shipping on March 22, 2018.
- Top Right – Uncle Sam ”I Want You” War poster by artist James M. Flagg, 1917.
- Center Left – Buy Liberty Bonds Poster showing soldiers in a victory parade, 1918.
- Top Left – War poster showing a dedication ceremony at which a keystone labeled Victory Liberty Loan is hoisted into an arch.
- Center Left – $5 War Savings Certificate Stamp, Series 1921 Engraved by Charles K. Burt, G. F. C. Smillie, John T. Guilfoyle, Joachim C. Benzing, Edward E. Myers, and William B. Wells.
- Center Right – $5 World War I Savings Certificate Stamp, Series 1919 Engraved by G. F. C. Smillie, Marcus W. Baldwin, Edward M. Hall, and Harry L. Chorlton.
- Bottom – Header of the $10,000 Victory Loan, 3 ••• % Engraved by Carl T. Arlt, Charles M. Chalmers, John T. Guilfoyle, Edward M. Hall, Edward E. Myers, and G. F. C. Smillie.
This World War I commemorative intaglio print measures 8 1/2″ x 11″. A quantity discount of $10 per print for an order of 17 or more is also in effect.
Learn more about a previous entry in this World War I intaglio print collection, by reading about the $2 Battleship Note print.
* * *
About the Bureau of Engraving and Printing
The Bureau of Engraving and Printing’s (BEP) mission is to develop and produce United States currency notes, trusted worldwide. BEP’s vision is to be the world standard securities printer providing its customers and the public with superior products through excellence in manufacturing and innovation.
The $1 Note included in this product is legal tender of the United States of America. This limited edition $1 Federal Reserve Note Year of the Dog 2018 product is available while supplies last.
World War Liberty Bonds Currently Available on eBay