Group of Rare Edward Sawyer’s Native American Portrait Galvanos Offered by Heritage Auction
The June 14-17 Long Beach Heritage auction of US coins features a number of outstanding collections, but easily the most prominent of these is An Important New York Collection. This collection rates as one of the highest-value gatherings of U.S. type coins we can remember in any recent Long Beach event. Of course, the 1804 dollar is an absolute show-stopper by itself. Yet there are 21 more lots in our Premier Session from An Important New York Collection that would rate highly in any public auction, regardless of venue.
Among them are these outstanding rarities:
- 1776 EG FECIT Pewter Continental dollar, Newman 3-D, astonishing MS67 NGC. Ex: Brand-Boyd-Ford
- 1793 With Periods Chain cent, MS65 Brown PCGS. CAC. Ex: Cleneay-Atwater-Eliasberg. Still housed in an old green label holder
- 1804 Draped Bust quarter, Browning-1, MS65 NGC. CAC. The finest certified by NGC or PCGS. Ex: “Col.” E.H.R. Green, Jerome Kern
- 1805/4 Draped Bust half dollar, O-101, T-4, MS65 NGC. CAC. Ex: “Col.” E.H.R. Green-Eric P. Newman- Oliver Jung, arguably the finest 1805 half dollar of any variety
- 1794 Flowing Hair silver dollar, B-1, BB-11, XF40 PCGS. CAC. Sharp strike, full date, and sharp stars
- 1796 No Stars quarter eagle, BD-2, MS61 PCGS. Historic first-year condition rarity and an important one year type
- 1840-C five dollar gold, MS64+ PCGS Secure. CAC. None finer at either service, finest at PCGS
- 1870 Liberty Head twenty dollar, PR65 Ultra Cameo NGC. CAC. Second-finest known, just five or six survivors in collectors’ hands
We urge every collector and numismatist to view the lots of this remarkable collection – either in-person or online at coins.HA.com and for specialists to recognize the extraordinary quality on display.
This auction is open for bidding now at coins.HA.com.