We are extremely pleased and excited to offer our second semi-annual Hong Kong Signature Coin Auction, scheduled for June 22-24, held in conjunction with the Hong Kong International Numismatic Fair. We hope that you join us and find something that your collection can’t live without.
One particular area to highlight is a group of impressive pattern issues of China. Standouts from this selection include an 1898 brass dollar from the Szechuan province, two silver Junk pattern issues produced in Austria and England as well as a L. Giorgi 50 cents pattern from 1914. Perhaps most impressive of all is a Kwangtung pattern copper dollar graded an exceptional Specimen 64+ Brown by PCGS.
Accompanied by the legendary Wa She Wong pedigree, this coin is almost certain to sit atop all others when the sale is concluded.
Another area of strength is coinage from the People’s Republic of China. Not only is this section unusually large for us in terms of the number of lots presented, but many key, low mintage and high denomination issues are contained within, making it particularly enticing for the collector focused on these issues.
From the 1979 “year of the child” commemoratives we have a gold and silver set, struck in double weight and thickness (piefort), a quality that is very rarely seen on the market.
Also impressive is a gold 1993 100 Yuan from the Inventions and Discoveries series that celebrates Yin and Yang Philosophy in its portrayal of Fu, Lu and Shu.
From the popular Panda series, we have a 1993 500 Yuan / 5 ounce gold coin offered in nearly flawless PR69 Ultra Cameo condition by NGC. With a mintage of only 99 pieces, this coin is one of the keys for this ever-popular and widely collected series.
Highlights outside of China are also numerous. From Hong Kong’s period as a British colony, an outstanding Victorian half dollar and dollar, both marvelous proofs carrying the 1866 date, can be found.
From Thailand, we note an exceptional 2 baht of Rama IV. While scarce as a type, this representative, offered in sensational MS64 condition by NGC, is nothing short of museum quality.
Finally, a nice run of gold coins from Java in the Netherlands East Indies should see strong interest. This auction will also include a small selection of United States and other World coins.
We are very proud of how well the Hong Kong auctions have been received and will continue to search out the finest available coins to offer our Asian coin collectors and beyond. Lot viewing will be held during the week prior to the auction at our Hong Kong office, centrally located at the Lippo Center in the Admiralty area of Hong Kong Island. The live portion of the auction, as well as lot viewing, will be held at the Mira Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui and as always, if you can’t make it to the auction in person, you can bid through www.HA.com/coins.
- China: Empire silver Specimen Pattern Dollar Year 3 (1911) SP62 PCGS, Tientsin mint, Qing Dynasty, L&M-31
- Kwangtung. Empire silver Pattern 50 Cents ND (1889) MS62 PCGS, Heaton mint, L&M-197, Kann-17, KM-Y197
- Shantung. Republic gold Pattern 10 Dollars Year 15 (1926) MS61 NGC, Tientsin mint, KM-Pn7, Kann-1536, L&M-1066
- Szechuan. Empire brass Specimen Pattern Dollar ND (1898) SP61 PCGS, Ferracute or Philadelphia mint, cf. L&M-345, cf. Kann-145, KM-Pn15
- China: Republic Hsu Shih-chang gold Dollar Year 10 (1921) MS63 NGC, Tientsin mint, L&M-1093, Kann-1570, KM-Pn62
- China: People’s Republic gold Proof “Marco Polo” 500 Yuan (5 oz) 1993 PR68 Ultra Cameo NGC, KM81, Fr-86
- China: People’s Republic gold Proof “Chinese Grottoes Art” 2000 Yuan (5 oz) 2001 Gem Cameo Proof, KM1392
- Netherlands East Indies: George III Fort Cornelius gold Medal 1811 UNC, Calcutta mint, East India Company, BBM-37, 74.15g, 51mm. Looped as issued.
- United States: High Relief “Flat Rim” 20 Dollars MCMVII (1907) MS66 NGC, Philadelphia mint, KM126.
Chinese Gold Coins Currently Available on eBay
|View all items...||(Powered by: WP eBay Ads)|