The continued growth of the world and ancient coin market has inspired Heritage Auctions to develop their new multi-consignor, thematic Showcase auctions. These Spotlight Auctions illuminate specific areas of interest within the numismatic community, both here and abroad, presenting a curated selection of world coins for collectors to enjoy.
The next auction in this series is the June 4 Spotlight on Canadian Coins, open for bidding now at Coins.HA.com. The offerings in this auction range from pre-Confederation token issues through Queen Elizabeth II, with particular strength in 20th-century high-grade varieties and pieces with immense eye appeal.
One outstanding Canadian coin offered here is lot 21170, a 1948 George VI Dollar graded MS64 by PCGS. This is an extremely popular issue, and a key date in this iconic series. Silky smooth but breathtakingly lustrous surfaces imbue this selection that is scarcely seen this nice. This untoned near-Gem Mint State treasure would make an excellent cornerstone piece of a wonderful Canadian Dollar collection.
A few of the other outstanding Canadian coins and tokens in this auction include:
- Newfoundland. Victoria Specimen 5 Cents 1870 SP63 NGC
- Newfoundland. Victoria gold Specimen 2 Dollars 1882-H SP60 PCGS
- Blacksmith copper “Anchor / Union Jack” Token ND (c. 1835) VF25 Brown NGC
- Victoria Specimen 25 Cents 1883-H SP65 NGC
- George V “Far 6” 5 Cents 1926 MS61 NGC
- George VI “Doubled HP” Dollar 1945/5 MS64 PCGS
- Elizabeth II Prooflike “Small Beads” Dollar 1966 PL63 PCGS
The closing live session is scheduled to begin at 7 PM on Sunday, June 4, but you can bid on the coins in this auction right now at Coins.HA.com.