Pursuant to United States Code, Title 31, section 5135(b)(8)(C), the United States Mint announces the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) public meeting scheduled for June 27, 2016.
Date: June 27, 2016.
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Public Meeting followed by Public Forum).
Location: Gaylord Hall in the Worner Center, Campus of Colorado College, 902 N. Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
- Review and discussion of candidate designs for the 2018 America the Beautiful Quarters Program
- Review and discussion of candidate designs for the President Obama Presidential Medals (Terms One and Two)
- Discussion of the future palladium coin program
- Election of jurors for the Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin competition
Interested persons should call the CCAC HOTLINE at (202) 354-7502 for the latest update on meeting time and room location. Immediately following the public meeting the CCAC will be holding a public forum to receive input from collectors and the general public.
About the CCAC
In accordance with 31 U.S.C. 5135, the CCAC:
Advises the Secretary of the Treasury on any theme or design proposals relating to circulating coinage, bullion coinage, Congressional Gold Medals, and national and other medals.
Advises the Secretary of the Treasury with regards to the events, persons, or places to be commemorated by the issuance of commemorative coins in each of the five calendar years succeeding the year in which a commemorative coin designation is made.
- Makes recommendations with respect to the mintage level for any commemorative coin recommended.
The CCAC was established in 2003 by Congress under Public Law 108-15.
-courtesy of the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee
American Platinum Eagles Currently Available on eBay