(Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) — Nationally-known rare coin and bullion expert Michael Fuljenz, President of Universal Coin & Bullion (www.UniversalCoin.com) in Beaumont, Texas, won six more prestigious industry awards at a ceremony held in conjunction with the World’s Fair of Money in Philadelphia on August 9, 2012. Since 1986, he now has won an unparalleled 43 awards in 10 different categories from the Numismatic Literary Guild (NLG), a respected nonprofit organization composed of authors, editors and publishers who cover rare coins, paper money and precious metals.
“No one else I can recall has ever won in so many diverse categories over the years,” stated NLG Executive Director Ed Reiter, a former columnist for The New York Times.
The latest awards presented to Fuljenz were:
- Best Radio Report for a radio interview Fuljenz did emphasizing consumer protection cautions about selling gold and silver coins to so-called “hotel buyers” who move from town to town and may only offer to pay pennies on the dollar;
- Best Web Site Article for a story Fuljenz wrote about the motto, “In God We Trust;”
- Best Dealer Publication for Fuljenz’ “Investors Profit Advisory (Personal Gold Guide).” This was the fifth consecutive year he has won in this important category;
- Best Non-Commercial Video for his educational seminar on gold and consumer protection presented at the Money Show of the Southwest in Houston;
- Best Television Report for Fuljenz’ segments on the program “NRA Guns ‘n’ Gold” shown on the Sportsmen Channel; and
- Best Commercial Video for Universal Coin & Bullion with consumer education advice about buying and selling rare coins and bullion.
“I received my first Numismatic Literary Guild award back in 1986 as the Best Magazine Columnist. I was thrilled to get an award back then, and I am truly honored now to be recognized so many times since then by my peers,” said Fuljenz who is known as America’s Gold Expert.
In addition to this year’s honors in six categories, he also has received awards in four other categories over the years for writing and broadcasting journalism achievements adding up to the unmatched record of 43 NLG awards in ten separate categories.
The NLG was founded in 1968 and annually presents prestigious awards to recognize excellence in journalism in numismatic topics, both in hobby/trade and in mainstream, general news media nationwide and worldwide.
In addition to the latest NLG awards, Fuljenz was honored by the Press Club of Southeast Texas earlier this year with first place Excellence in Media Awards for his Personal Gold Guide brochure and his weekly online newsletter, the Mike Fuljenz Metals Market Report.
The World’s Fair of Money (www.WorldsFairOfMoney.com) is an annual, international event sponsored by the nonprofit, congressionally-chartered American Numismatic Association (www.money.org).
Founded in 1994, Universal Coin & Bullion, Ltd. is a national leader in gold, rare coins and numismatic education. UCB President Mike Fuljenz is a nationally-known rare coins and precious metals expert. He is a former authenticator, grader and educational seminar instructor for the Congressionally-chartered American Numismatic Association. Fuljenz is a frequent interview guest on radio and TV news and personal finance programs, as well as a community leader in his hometown of Beaumont, Texas.
For additional information, contact Universal Coin & Bullion at (800) 459-2646. Visit online at www.UniversalCoin.com.