The Caranett Collection of Sovereigns is well-represented in the PCGS registry, with a current #1 rank in at least five different sets. Now, as a part of our series of Month-Long auctions, Heritage is privileged to be able to offer the sovereigns from these sets to our member-bidders, with coins available to collectors of all budgets.
This offering consists of 285 different coins, concentrated mostly on Australia and Great Britain, but with offerings from Canada, South Africa, and India as well.
Several significant rarities are included, such as the South African 1923-SA sovereign in PCGS MS66, with a mintage of only 406 pieces one of the rarest sovereigns of the 20th century. 1923 was the first year Sovereigns were struck in South Africa, and this Sovereign is supposedly one of the first four struck at Pretoria, gifted to the then-mintmaster of the Bombay Mint, Raoul Kaman. It could feasibly be the very finest in existence.
A few of the other outstanding offerings in this auction include:
- Australia: George V gold Sovereign 1921-M MS64 PCGS, Melbourne mint, KM29, S-3999
- Australia: George V gold Sovereign 1923-S MS64 PCGS, Sydney mint, KM29, S-4003
- Australia: George V gold Sovereign 1926-S MS64 PCGS, Sydney mint, KM29, S-4003
- Canada: Edward VII gold Specimen Sovereign 1908-C SP65 PCGS, Ottawa mint, KM14
- Canada: Edward VII gold Specimen Sovereign 1909-C SP65 PCGS, Ottawa mint, KM14
- Canada: George V gold Specimen Sovereign 1911-C SP67 PCGS, Ottawa mint, KM20
- Canada: George V gold Sovereign 1916-C MS64 PCGS, Ottawa mint, KM20, S-3997
- South Africa: George V gold Sovereign 1924-SA MS66 PCGS, Pretoria mint, KM21
Bid on this auction now at coins.HA.com!
* * *
Heritage’s Coin Sales Department is Expanding
Do you have experience in trading, and selling U.S. coins? Apply with Heritage today for our Salesman/Sr. Numismatist role in Dallas, Texas. We are seeking a numismatist with general knowledge of U.S. Coins and good sales and organizational skills. This opportunity is ideal for a detail oriented driven individual who would like to be part of a fast paced and growing company. Apply with us today online or via email at Experts@HA.com.
Heritage Auctions currently has two open positions:
Currency Grader – We are looking for a qualified numismatist with a strong background in grading and valuations of United States currency. The position includes assessment of incoming consignments and purchases, as well as active roles in auction production and research. This full-time position will be in our Dallas Office only. Please submit CV to Experts@HA.com.
Currency Consignment Director – We are looking for a motivated leader with strong buying and writing skills and a good general knowledge of U.S. history and U.S. Currency for a key position with Heritage in Dallas, Texas. Job duties include: buying, cataloging for auctions, organizing and obtaining consignments along with catalog production. This full-time position will be in our Dallas Office only. Please submit CV to Experts@HA.com.