By Cori Sedwick Downing – Daniel Frank Sedwick, LLC ……
Do you have an interesting coin, bank note, or shipwreck artifact with a history to tell? Here are the 15 reasons why you should consign to us now to be a part of Treasure Auction 21:
1) Daniel Frank Sedwick, LLC will get top dollar for your consignments. As the world’s ONLY full time auction specialists in Spanish colonial and shipwreck coins (not to mention ingots and artifacts), we have exclusive clientele worldwide and extensive knowledge and experience. That translates into results you can bank on.
2) Our personal service is unparalleled. Our bidders and consignors deal directly with the heads of our company, who also personally research and photograph everything. Our aim is maximum comfort and confidence, so we accommodate everyone’s needs through barrier-free communication. No consignor or bidder is too big or too small for our attention!
3) Our overall philosophy is that specialized attention beats massive volume and market sprawl. Lima Gold Cobs 1715 Fleet Lima, Peru, cobs choice set: 8 escudos 1712M, 4 escudos 1710M, Within our specialty we handle the same important collectors worldwide as other companies but with much more personal service and far less overhead. We make sure that every important consignment gets maximum exposure at shows and on the Internet without wasting resources on exclusive venues and over-distribution.
4) While other auction houses simply put the lots up for sale and depend on the market to set the prices, we take the steps to personally point out lots to the right bidders, and we maximize exposure to all bidders via mail-out catalogs and the Web. We don’t just hold an auction, we make an event of it!
5) ¡Hablamos su idioma! Our staff deals with the most important Latin American bidders and buyers on the market. We are able to travel and talk to all our Hispanic bidders and consignors, which creates a level of comfort that draws even the most cautious participants to our venue.
6) Our financial record is unblemished. In over eight years of auctions, we have never paid a consignor late (unless he requested it) or had any dispute that was not corrected immediately. We give winning bidders all available options for payment and take necessary steps to make sure all bills are paid.
7) Daniel Frank Sedwick, LLC offers cash advances for qualified consignments. Many consignors also enjoy being able to trade their proceeds against purchases within the same sale. Our personalized attention makes it possible to accommodate many special needs.
8) We are not just auctioneers: We are recognized researchers and editors, with many scholarly books and articles to our credit (we also give seminars and teach classes when we can). With every auction we make new numismatic discoveries and publish them immediately for everyone’s benefit. It takes more than just a reference number to sell a rare coin!
9) Because not every consignment comes in sale-ready, we take the time to properly merchandise each item and even offer limited conservation services. Our goal is to make each lot the best it can be so the consignor will benefit.
10) Our presentations are the best in the business. We start with detailed lot descriptions, disclosing all aspects positive and negative, to give bidders the peace of mind to comfortably place their bids and avoid returns. For cobs especially, grading and evaluation are very difficult and require our exclusive expertise. After rigorous proofreading and editing, we marry the text with state-of-the-art digital photography and zooming for important details. Then, with keen attention to efficient and aesthetically pleasing layout, we put it all online and in beautiful catalogs that are collectible in their own right and housed as references in many important numismatic libraries like the American Numismatic Association (ANA) and the Numismatic Literary Guild (NLG). Finally, our catalogs and results are permanently accessible for all to see on our own website, on iCollector.com and on CoinArchives.com.
11) We make a point to estimate all lots at reasonable levels. We research all consignments to make sure the lots are being offered at correct levels. We never take advantage of a consignor’s ignorance of the current market or rarity of his material, and we take any advice or follow any special instructions the consignor may have.
12) From the minute you consign, Daniel Frank Sedwick, LLC will get the word out to potential bidders. We get excited about unique and rare pieces and we pass that enthusiasm on to our clients.
13) Our preeminence in the field of Spanish colonial and treasure coins has logically propelled us to the top of the field in Latin American numismatics as well. Our expertise and clientele are now among the best for this often-underrated field. We are also developing a presence in world coins in general, especially gold, with ancient coins, medals and paper money in nearly every auction as well. Nothing is outside our radar!
14) Through iCollector.com and our own expertise we are able to conduct our auctions using the latest technology and convenience of online bidding, without over-the-top bells and whistles that just become confusing. The iCollector platform brings hundreds of thousands of bidders worldwide to our auctions with the confidence of unparalleled tech support and absolute third-party confidentially. Simply put, it is old-style service with state-of-the-art technology.
15) We are members in good standing with most major professional guilds and collector organizations, including: IAPN (International Association of Professional Numismatists), ANA (American Numismatic Association), ANE (Asociación Numismática Española), FUN (Florida United Numismatists), NLG (Numismatic Literary Guild), NI (Numismatics International), USMexNA (U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association), PCGS(Professional Coin Grading Service) and NGC (Numismatic Guaranty Corporation). We are fully insured (underwritten by Lloyds of London) and fully licensed with the State of Florida as auctioneers (AU3635) and as an auction business (AB2592).
NOTE: The consignment deadline for our May 3-4, 2017 auction is February 19, 2017.
Come and see us in person to the following upcoming shows:
Florida United Numismatists Show (accepting consignments)
January 5-8, 2017
Fort Lauderdale, FL
New York International Show NYINC (accepting consignments)
January 12-15, 2017
New York, NY
Vero Beach Coin Show (accepting consignments)
January 14-15, 2017
Vero Beach, FL
Long Beach Coin Expo (accepting consignments)
February 16-18, 2017
Long Beach, CA
ANA’s National Money Show (Lot viewing)
March 9-11, 2017
Please contact us at [email protected] or call (407) 975-3325. We are constantly looking for:
- High-grade gold and silver Latin American coins (especially large collections)
- World Gold coins including US and early British and Dutch
- Rare early Spanish colonial cobs (collections or single coins)
- 1715-Fleet gold and silver dated cobs
- Shipwreck coins and cobs in reasonable condition with original certificates
- High-grade silver cobs & pillar dollars
- Artifacts from shipwrecks (well documented and properly conserved)
- Silver and gold ingots from shipwrecks
- World Paper Money
- U.S. Coins