CoinWeek editor Charles Morgan breaks down each of these coin viewing and magnification products and shows you what they look like in use.
Loupes and Magnifiers Discussed in this Video:
- DONEGAN OPTIVISOR (3.5X AT 4 INCHES)… $67.79
OptiVISOR is a precision binocular headband magnifier that permits unrestricted user efficiency while reducing eye strain—leaves both hands free and allows three-dimensional vision. Used by anyone whose profession or craft requires close accurate work. This product has an adjustable headband and can be worn over prescription or safety eyeglasses. Magnification: 3.5X. Focal Length: 4 inches.
- BAUSCH & LOMB HASTINGS TRIPLET LOUPE 7X… $41.79
Truly the finest magnifier Bausch & Lomb has to offer, this Hastings Triplet Magnifier incorporates three separate glass lenses, bonded together to form a compound lens to provide sharp, very distinct magnified images without distortion. A swing-away, nickel-plated case protects the lens and serves as a handle. Magnification: 7X. Focal Length: 1.5 inches. Diopers: 28D. Lens Diameter: 19.8mm.
- BAUSCH & LOMB PACKETTE MAGNIFIER 5X… $8.69
A powerful magnifier at an affordable price.
- BAUSCH & LOMB HANDHELD LED MAGNIFIER (4 INCH ROUND)… $35.99
This Bausch + Lomb magnifier provides versatility across a number of different applications and is ideal for hobby use where additional illumination is helpful. The large 4-inch diameter lens provides 2X power across the lens with a 4X power inset for close up detail viewing. Power for the LEDs is provided by one AAA battery (not included).
- ESCHENBACH 3X6 PRECISION FOLDING MAGNIFIER 23MM 3X+6X=9X… $164.39 CoinWeek Editor Charles Morgan uses this product.
German precision guarantees a clear sharp, distortion-free image. Glass-fibre reinforced polyamide body closes to form a dustproof barrier. Precision optic achromatic color-fault-correcting system and aplanatic lens for a distortion-free image. Lens Size: 23mm.
- LIGHTHOUSE HIGH-PERFORMANCE DIGITAL MICROSCOPE… $152.99
5-megapixel resolution camera makes the smallest details visible on your computer screen. 10x – 300x magnification.
- Easy to use: Simply plug into your USB port, install driver software from the provided CD-ROM, and you are ready to go!
- Endless applications: Anti-counterfeit research, hobby, school, studies, archiving, online sales, and more. Creates jpg-files suitable as web images or for graphics software.
- Versatility: Inspect objects on the screen, take photos, shoot short videos and store them on your PC or MAC.
- Illumination: Lens surrounded by 8 powerful, adjustable white LEDs.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In the video, we show the Lighthouse High-Performance Digital Microscope is mounted on the Lighthouse Digital Stand.
- Magnification: 10x & 300x
- Image sensor: 5 Megapixel (true optical)
- Photo format: JPEG or BMP
- Video format: AVI
- Power supply: via USB 2.0 port
- Light source: 8 white LEDs (adjustable)
- Operating systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS 10.6 or higher
- Included software: MicroCapture Pro with measurement and calibration function, multilingual (incl. English, German, French, Spanish, and more)
- Further box contents: Quick Start Guide and calibration ruler to facilitate measurement of research objects (complete instruction manual on CD-ROM)