By Central Bank of Oman….
On the occasion of the 45th National Day in 2015, the Central Bank of Oman is pleased to announce to the public the issue of a new commemorative banknote of denomination one Omani rial (OMR1, or 1﷼), effective as of November 18.
The new banknote shall circulate as legal tender alongside previously existing banknotes.
The following are some technical descriptions of the new issue.
- 140 X 71 mm
- Purple (dominant colour)
- Portrait of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos Bin Said
- Facsimile signature of His Majesty at the centre of the note
- Water Mark Portrait of His Majesty on the right side of the note
- The National Emblem (coat of arms) at the centre of the note
- “Central Bank of Oman” in Arabic on top of the note
- Serial Numbers on right and left side of the note
- Denomination in Arabic on right and on left of the note
- The wording “45th National Day” in Arabic at the Right bottom of the note
- Al-Alam Palace at the right side of the note
- Recognition Feature for the blind on both sides of the note
- Vertical windowed security thread in two metallic colours at the left side of the note
- The name of the “Central Bank of Oman” in English on top side of the note
- Denomination in English words at the bottom right and in numbers on the left and the right
side of the note
- 45th National Day logo
- 45th National Day Text and the year of issue in English
- The Sultan Qaboos University
- Desert white butterfly (native to Oman) on the left side of the note
- Wild flowers on the right and left side of the note
At the time of publication, one Omani rial (OMR) trades for approximately $2.60 USD.