By Central Bank of Portugal …..
On July 19, the Central Bank of Portugal (Banco de Portugal) will issue a bimetallic commemorative coin with a face value of €2, entitled ‘50 Anos da Ponte 25 de Abril’ (50 Years of the April 25 Bridge).
The €2 commemorative coin will be distributed to the public through credit institutions and the Bank of Portugal’s cash offices. Those interested in obtaining these coins should fill out the form provided, giving the face value and the number of collector coins desired.
The Bank of Portugal does not reserve coins nor send them by post.
On the Common Side
- The European design used on euro coins in circulation.
On the National Side
- In the middle, a representation of the April 25 Bridge;
- At the top and on the right, between the bridge’s pillars, the word ‘Portugal’;
- At the bottom, on the same side, the words ‘Ponte 25 de Abril 1966-2016’;
- Around the edge and surrounding the design, the 12 stars of the European Union.
€2 Commemorative Coins Currently Available on eBay