The Royal Canadian Mint continues to creatively expand its numismatic repertoire with coins that both innovate and preserve time-honoured craftsmanship. This can be seen in new products such as the 2017 Fine Silver Maple Leaf Quartet, a collection of four square-shaped, 99.99% pure silver coins which together create a mosaic of an iconic maple leaf designed by artist Celia Godkin; the 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Under the Sea: Seahorse, featuring a Mint-first “murrini” (a coloured glass seahorse sculpture fused inside a round glass bead); and the 2017 Fine Silver Coin – Nature’s Adornment, featuring the Mint’s first-ever niobium embellishment of an iridescent dragonfly silhouette hovering over an aquatic landscape illustrated by Emily Damstra (View Designer’s Profile).
These and other finely crafted collector coins have been available for purchase since September 6.
The Mint is also rekindling its tribute to the cultural celebration of Diwali: The Festival of Lights, with a duo of fine silver and pure gold coins designed by artist Sarindar Dhaliwal. Both of these 1 oz. coins combine Hindu, Sikh and Jain symbols with the beloved maple leaf to create a distinctly Indo-Canadian celebration of this important cultural festival.
The Mint is also kicking off its latest celebration of the Chinese Lunar Year with the 2017 $15 Fine Silver Coin – Lunar Lotus: Year of the Rooster, designed by Three Degrees Creative Group.
Other coins available in the Mint’s latest release of numismatic products include:
- The one-kilogram 2016 $2,500 Pure Gold Coin – The Arms of Canada;
- The 2016 $15 Fine Silver Coin – National Heroes: Military, designed by Ken Ryan;
- The 2017 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Celebrating Canada’s 150th: Lighthouse at Peggy’s Cove, featuring Dale Wilson’s photograph of the famed Nova Scotia landmark at dawn;
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Aircraft of the First World War Series: Curtiss H-12, designed by David A. Oram;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Landscape Illusion: Pronghorn, illustrated by Julius T. Csotonyi;
- The 2016 Fine Silver Big Coin Series – Two Dollar Coin;
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – The Benevolent Bison, featuring the work of artist Doug Comeau;
- The 2017 25-Cent Pure Gold Coin – Predator vs. Prey: Inuit Arctic Fox, designed by Andrew Qappik;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Snowflake, featuring a magnified view of an ice crystal designed by Don Komarechka, rendered in blue glitter enamel;
- The 2017 Pure Gold Maple Leaf Fractional Set – A Celebration of Canada (1867-2017), featuring reverse designs by artist Lisa Thomson-Khan;
- The 2016 25-Cent Coin – Haunted Canada: Bell Island;
- The 2016 $200 Pure Gold Coin – Star TrekTM: Delta Coin;
- The 2016 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Star TrekTM: Spock;
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Star TrekTM: Mirror, Mirror;
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – DC ComicsTM Originals: THE DARK KNIGHTTM;
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – DC ComicsTM Originals: THE TRINITYTM;
- The crystal-enhanced 2016 $5 Fine Silver Coin Birthstone Series – October; and
- The 2016 Holiday Gift Set.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each coin can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca. The products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca.
The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint’s boutiques in Ottawa, Winnipeg and Vancouver, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
Canadian Silver Maple Leafs Currently Available on eBay