2017 Silver Dollar and other finely crafted collectibles kick off year-long celebration of Canada 150
As Canadians ring in a new year and the historical celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary, the Royal Canadian Mint is releasing several keepsakes of this momentous event, among other celebrations of Canadiana, in its first collector coin catalogue of 2017. Among the latest Canada 150 products are the 2017 Proof Silver Dollar, the 2017 Fine Silver Coin: Maple Leaves, the 2017 Classic Canadian Coin Set and “Grizzly Bear” from the 2017 $10 Fine Silver Coin Series – Celebrating Canada’s 150th.
All of these new coins are available for purchase as of today. Other new products include:
- The 2017 Specimen Set, including a special one-dollar coin featuring artist Derek C. Wicks’ Snow Goose design;
- A new double-thick 2017 $25 Fine Silver Piedfort – Timeless Icons, featuring a beaver and maple leaf design by Pierre Leduc in selective gold plating, a first for the Mint’s piedfort coins;
- The glow-in-the-dark 2017 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Animals in the Moonlight: Cougar, designed by artist Jan Poynter;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Nature’s Impressions: Polar Bear, designed by Claudio D’Angelo;
- The first in the selectively-coloured $20 Fine Silver Coin – Aircraft of the Second World War Series: Hawker Hurricane, designed by David A. Oram;
- The double crystal-enhanced 2017 $3 Fine Silver Coin Zodiac Series – Aquarius, designed by Pandora Young;
- The 2017 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Best Wishes on your Wedding Day, featuring a heart-shaped design by artist Sylvie Daigneault selectively plated in rose gold;
- The 2017 $10 Fine Silver Coin and $200 Pure Gold Coin – Welcome to the World; and
- The 2017 Gift Sets, returning with the themes of “Born in 2017”, “Married in 2017” and “Happy Birthday” and “O Canada”, which features Canada 150-themed packaging.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each product can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca.
All of these products can be purchased as of today by contacting the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca, as well as in the Mint’s boutiques in Ottawa, Winnipeg and Vancouver, or from authorized dealers including participating Canada Post outlets.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown Corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada’s circulation coins. An ISO 9001-2008 certified company the Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca.
Canadian Silver Maple Leafs Currently Available on eBay