Exciting Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice™ Coin Series adds to the variety of coin themes offered by the Mint
In launching its third numismatic catalogue of 2016, the Royal Canadian Mint has once again launched an exciting variety of collector coins which celebrate Canadian identity: from our love of pop culture, to our legendary natural resources. All of these collectibles are available as of March 1, 2016.
With the release of the highly anticipated movie Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice™, the Mint is introducing an exciting collection of coins which all combine colour, engraving and contrasting finishes and are also complemented by innovative packaging, as follows:
- A 25-Cent Cupronickel Lenticular Coin which shows the silhouette of Superman™ seamlessly transition to the shadowy figure of Batman™ when the coin is tilted;
- A four-part $10 Fine Silver Coin series, starting with a rendering of the Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice™ logo, to be followed by tributes to each superhero of The Trinity: Superman™, Batman™ and Wonder Woman™;
- A $20 Fine Silver Coin – The Trinity;
- A $30 Fine Silver Coin – Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice™, featuring the movie’s three SUPER HEROES™ on a 2 oz. 99.99% pure silver coin; and
- A $100 14-Karat Gold Coin Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice™, featuring opposing images of the MAN OF STEEL™ and THE DARK KNIGHT™.
New coins also celebrating Canada’s natural, historical and cultural heritage include:
- The 2016 4-Coin Set: 20 Years in the Minting, celebrating the 20th anniversary of the two-dollar circulation coin in pure platinum and gold, accompanied by an uncut $2 banknote sheet from the 1986 Series, The Birds of Canada;
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Landscape Illusion: The Mountain Goat, designed by Julius Csotonyi and featuring the optical illusion of an animal emerging from a Canadian landscape (first in a new series of 5);
- The 2016 $15 Fine Silver Coin – Cherry Blossoms, featuring the coloured illustration of a cherry tree in full spring bloom, by artist Jan Poynter;
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Little Creatures: Snail, designed by Maurice Gervais and featuring a Murano glass snail hand-blown by Italian master glassmaker Giuliano Donaggio;
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Geometry in Art: The Caribou by digital artist Calder Moore (coin 3 of 5);
- The selectively-coloured 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Canadian Salmonids: Arctic Char, designed by Curtis Atwater (coin 2 of 3);
- The 2016 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Regal Red-Tailed Hawk, from the ongoing Majestic Animal series, featuring a coloured illustration by Emily S. Damstra;
- The 2016 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Day of the Dinosaurs – Terror of the Sky, with a coloured illustration of an airborne Quetzalcoatlus by Dino Pulera (first in a new series of 3);
- The 2016 25-Cent Fine Silver Big Coin Series – 10-Cent Coin, featuring Emanuel Hahn’s classic 1937 schooner design;
- The 2016 $200 Pure Gold Coin – Tall Ships Legacy: Bluenose, designed by Neil Hamelin (first in a new series of 3); and
- The crystal-enhanced 2016 $5 Fine Silver Coin Birthstone Series – April (coin 4 of 12).
All of these coins are now available. Mintages, pricing and full background information on each product can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca.
The products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada, 1-800-268-6468 in the US, or online at www.mint.ca. The coins are also available at the Royal Canadian Mint’s boutiques in Ottawa, Winnipeg and Vancouver, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
Canadian Coins Currently Available on eBay