The newest monthly world coin auction from Heritage spotlights the Dresden Collection of Hispanic and Brazilian Proclamation Medals.
This spectacular collection includes 150 lots, 90% of which are mint state, and is heaviest in material from Mexico, Peru, and Brazil. It was assembled from 1952 through 1959 and hasn’t seen the light of day for 60 years. About a dozen Brazilian patterns in the collection were previously unseen. Additionally, very rare early Dutch medals related to Brazil are included in this offering.
Bidding on this auction will take place exclusively through HA.com, with a live session beginning at 7 PM on Sunday, October 27. This auction will be followed next month by an offering of more Betts, American and British medals from the same consignor.
Highlights will be available for preview October 17-19 at the US-Mexican Numismatic Association show in Scottsdale, Arizona.
A few of the more fascinating pieces in this auction include:
- Brazil: Pedro II silver Azevedo Coronation Medal 1841 MS64 NGC, Meili-20, VC-34. 60mm
- Chile: Republic silver “Constitution Proclamation” Medal 1833 MS64 NGC, Fonrobert-9853. 33mm
- Mexico: Ferdinand VI cast silver “University of Mexico” Proclamation Medal ND (1747) Unc details, Grove-F6-8. 35mm
- Mexico: Charles III gilt-bronze “Birth of Carlos & Felipe” Medal 1784 MS63 NGC, Grove-K-80b. 60mm
- Mexico: Charles IV silver Proclamation Medal 1789 MS62 NGC, Grove-C-20a. 39mm
- Mexico: Charles IV gilt-bronze “Order of Maria Luisa” Medal 1793 MS62 NGC, Grove-C-256a, 56mm
- Mexico: Augustin I Iturbide silver Mexico City Proclamation Medal 1823 MS63 NGC, Grove-11a. 40mm
- Netherlands: Dutch Republic silver “Reopening Maritime Commerce” Medal 1594 AU50 NGC, Betts-16, 53mm
- Netherlands: Maurice, Prince of Orange silver “Dutch Naval Victories” Medal 1624-Dated AU Details NGC, Betts-22, 67mm
- Peru: Republic silver “Battle of Ayacucho” Medal 1824 MS64 NGC, Fonrobert-9178. 32mm
Bid on this auction now at coins.HA.com.