Mint errors take center stage again in Heritage Auctions’ latest Error Coinage Showcase Auction. Bidding is open now, with the concluding Live Session scheduled for 6:00 PM CT on Thursday, July 15. All bidding will take place through coins.HA.com.
From the Errorpalooza Collection comes a 2000-P Sacagawea Dollar, Struck on a Quarter Planchet, graded MS66 by PCGS. This wrong planchet error would be an excellent companion piece for one of the rare Sacagawea dollar/Washington quarter mules. Although an entirely different sort of error, this coin demonstrates the similarity in diameter between the two denominations, which ultimately led to the creation of the famous mule and also contributed to this wrong planchet coin being allowed to escape the United States Mint. The strike is well centered, with all border legends clear. The rim itself is weak in spots, as is common with wrong planchet errors.
Some of the other fascinating error coins featured in this auction are:
- Undated Memorial Reverse Lincoln Cent — Struck on Magnetic Washer — MS66 PCGS
- 1981 Cent — Struck Onto 1981-P Kennedy Half Dollar — MS64 PCGS
- 1976-S Bicentennial Washington Quarter — Struck on a Washer — MS66 NGC
- 2000-P Lincoln Cent — Struck onto 2000-P New Hampshire Quarter — MS65 PCGS
- 195X Franklin Half Dollar — Struck on a Cent Blank — MS66 NGC
- 1964 Kennedy Half Dollar — Struck on 1965 Quarter — MS66 NGC
This auction is open for bidding now at Coins.HA.com.