Variety enthusiasts in both copper and silver will enjoy The Loma Linda Collection, one of the featured collections in Heritage Auctions FUN US Coins auction. This collection will be offered January 3-8 at the Florida United Numismatists convention in Tampa and online at www.HA.com.
The entirety of this collectionpresented in the Heritage Auctions at FUN, consists of 58 large cents and 97 early half dollars. R.5, R.6, R.7, and even R.8 rarity ratings accompany many of the half dollars. Several R.5, R.6, and even R.7 large cents add an extra layer of interest for copper specialists.
Among the halves, we note a rare appearance of the 1806 Knob 6 No Stem O-108 variety with VF sharpness, the Overton plate coin. Large cents include a pair of 1796 Reverse of 1797 cents, one the very scarce Sheldon-94 certified VG10 PCGS, and the other the almost equally scarce Sheldon-113 with XF sharpness.
Additional rare varieties in this collection include coins like these:
- 1795 1C Plain Edge, NC-3, B-7, High R.7, AG3 PCGS
- 1797 1C Reverse of 1795, Plain Edge, S-121a, B-3a, Low R.7, AG3 PCGS
- 1797 1C Reverse of 1795, Plain Edge, S-121a, B-3a, Low R.7, Good Details PCGS
- 1795 50C 2 Leaves, O-101, T-28, R.7, VG8 PCGS
- 1795 50C 2 Leaves, Second S Over D, O-129a, T-7, R.7, Good 6 PCGS
- 1806 50C Pointed 6, Stem, O-127, T-9, No Obverse Die Crack, R.8 in this die state, Fine Details PCGS
This collection and the remainder of the FUN offerings are open for bidding now at coins.HA.com.