Spanish Mint Issues 11th Ibero-American Series
By Real Casa de la Moneda ……
As of July 24, the Spanish Mint (Real Casa de la Moneda) has issued the nine-coin 11th series of Ibero-American collector coins. What makes this set distinctive is the participation of nine different countries from Europe and South America: Argentina, Cuba, Ecuador, Spain, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru and Portugal. It consists of nine silver coins plus one silver medal, and is sold as a complete collection.
Theme and Specifications
The common theme of all 10 Spanish Mint coins and medals is “Natural Wonders”. Each obverse of each coin from all nine countries features the shields of all the participating nations to surround the issuing country’s shield, which appears in the middle. The maximum product limit will be 10,000 sets – which are available from the Royal Mint of Spain at a price of 360 euros (VAT included). As in the previous 10 series, all nine coins are of Proof quality.
- Alloy: .925 Silver
- Diameter: 35 mm
- Weight: 13.5 g
- Mintage Limit: 10,000
- Price*: 360 euros
*Complete collection with VAT included.
The following is a list of natural wonders portrayed on each country’s issue in the 2017 Ibero-American Set:
- Argentina (25 pesos) – Serranías de Hornocal
- Cuba (5 pesos) Valley of Viñales
- Ecuador (1 sucre) – Cotopaxi National Park
- Spain (5 euros) – Beach of Cathedrals
- Guatemala (1 quetzal) – Atitlán Lake
- Nicaragua (10 cordoba) – Momotombo Volcano
- Paraguay (1 guarani) Monday Falls
- Peru (1 sol) – Colca Canyon
- Portugal (7.5 escudos) – Madeira
Mexican Silver Libertads Currently Available on eBay