Recent Alerts From the Numismatic Crime Information Center
By Doug Davis – Founder & President, Numismatic Crime Information Center (NCIC) ……
Missing/Stolen – Rare Finest Known Aluminum Morgan
A registered USPS package has been reported missing/stolen.
The package contained the following coin:
1885 Edge Lettered Aluminum Snowden $1 Morgan, PCGS PR68 Cameo Judd-1749 CAC. It is a very rare and unique coin. It is an aluminum Morgan and is one of only six in the world, with this one being the best grade.
Missing USPS Package
A package being shipped via United States Postal Service to Pennsylvania has been reported missing. The last scanned location was Dunmore, PA.
The package contained the following coins:
- Coin #1 – Cert#: 36983394, PCGS#: 516502 – 2013 $50 American Buffalo .9999 Fine Gold – Grade MS68
- Coin #2 – Cert#: 36983395, PCGS#: 99963 – 2002-W $50 Gold Eagle. DC – Grade PR69DC
- Coin #3 – Cert#: 36983396, PCGS#: 99962 – 2002-W $25 Gold Eagle. DC – Grade PR68DC
- Coin #4 – Cert#: 36983397, PCGS#: 99961 – 2002-W $10 Gold Eagle. DC – Grade PR68DC
- Coin #5 – Cert#: 36983398, PCGS#: 99960 – 2002-W $5 Gold Eagle. DC – Grade PR68DC
- Coin #6 – Cert#: 36983399, PCGS#: 505223 – 2011-W $5 Eagle-25th Anniversary – Grade MS69
Stolen Gold Coins
The following coins were sent by Express Mail and went as far as a U.S. Post Office sorting location in Chicago. After a week and a half, it finally moved on and was delivered with USPS tape over the opening and with the coins having been taken out of the inner box and re-taped.
Stolen Raw Coins:
- 1798/7 $10.00 AU
- 1805 $5.00 AU
- 1807 $5.00 AU
Please contact the Numismatic Crime Information Center’s Doug Davis if you have any questions or information about any of the cases above. You can reach him at (817) 723-7231, or email him at [email protected].
* * *
The Numismatic Crime Information Center is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit corporation. P.O. Box 14080 Arlington, Texas 76094.
It doesn’t make sense why somebody would want to steal 1 of 6 coins. What could they possibly do sell it. I guess all they care about is rare evidence. Beware they couldn’t help realize how pathetic their life is. A stareing contest is a coin display of nothing. The one of a kind of moron!
I’m from Las Vegas and deal with private Coin dealers. I’ll keep my eyes and ears open. #sad