By Doug Davis – Founder & President, Numismatic Crime Information Center (NCIC) ……
Coins and Silver Seized in Arrest
The Police Department of Groveland, Florida is investigating a seizure of coins and silver bars incidental to an arrest of a drug suspect. Officers recovered 93 Royal Canadian Mint silver bars and 45 tubes of Canadian Maple Leafs. Officers are attempting to locate any offense that involves the loss of the described silver bars and coins.
Certified Coins Lost/Stolen in Mail
A package being shipped from Fresno, California to Palos Verde, CA has been reported lost/stolen. The package was last scanned at the Fresno, CA facility but no further movement.
The package contained the following:
- 1- 2006-W $10 Burnished Platinum Eagle PCGS MS70 (W missing on the label; PCGS Certification Number 821116.70/24252787)
- 1- 2006-W $25 Burnished Platinum Eagle PCGS SP70 (PCGS Certification Number 21126.70/44156997)
- 1- 2007-W $50 Burnished Platinum Eagle PCGS MS70 (PCGS Certification Number 150437.70/11916817)
- 2- 2007-W 4 Coin $10, $25,$50,$100 Burnished Platinum Eagle NGC MS 70 Early Releases Set (NGC Certification Numbers: 3108167-001 1950801-073; 3108167-002 1950801-076; 3108167-003 1950801-074; 3108167-004 1950801-075)
- 1- 2008-W $10 Burnished Gold Eagle PCGS SP70 (PCGS Certification Number 393064.70/1525822)
Stolen in Transit – USPS
A USPS Priority mail package being shipped from New York to Woodland Hills, CA arrived with the contents missing.
Description of Property Stolen (Key Items):
2008-W Four-Coin Set of Gold Burnished American Eagles, Graded by PCGS as SP70 First Strike. The PCGS coin number and coin certification number are:
- 400038.70/13536578: 2008-W $50 Burnished American Buffalo
- 399931.70/18045956: 2008-W $25 Burnished American Buffalo
- 399929.70/12598621: 2008-W $10 Burnished American Buffalo
- 399927.70/13536353: 2008-W $5 Burnished American Buffalo
$100,000 Worth of Coins Stolen at Starbucks
The El Cajon Police Department in El Cajon, CA, is investigating the theft from a dealer who attended the recent El Cajon Coin Show. The dealer, Sheldon Lacher, stopped at a Starbuck’s in El Cajon after the show and took inside a rolling bag containing his inventory. While inside suspects were able to steal his bag and flee the scene. The suspects ran to a white vehicle waiting outside. No other information is available at this time.
The following list of coins was taken:
* * *
Please contact the Numismatic Crime Information Center’s Doug Davis if you have questions or information about any of the cases above. You can reach him at (817) 723-7231, or email him at [email protected].
that’s terrible! I can’t imagine how bad that man feels loosing that much in precious metals I pray that he receives his coins and bars back and the people that took it are prosecuted
WAS A 330 AD CAESARS COIN SO I PAY IT SO I COME BACK FROM MY VACATION A FEW MONTH LATER I GO ONLINE AND THIS ‘ CAESARS COIN WAS REPORTED STOLED I SEND IT BACK TO THE PAWN SHOP IN THE EAST COAST BUT I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION ABOUT COINS .
…and that’s why I hesitate to get my coins certified. I’ve already lost valuable world currency lifted from registered mail. Nope, to risky.
The world is full of thieves and dishonest SOBs.
INSIDE JOB OR NOT
Theft of sheets of currency and coins inside a 400 pound, 24 gun fireproof safe, stolen out of a climate controlled storage unit.
The facilities has a security gate, security door locks on the buildings, and numerous video cameras surveying the driveways and parking lots.
I asked the manager if i could view the videos. The answer was (no).
Call the cops
People that steal like that don’t care about anything.not even in Jesus.people work hard for the things they have.