At the 2018 World Fair of Money in Berlin, the Perth Mint allowed CoinWeek’s cameras to film a meeting between our editor, Charles Morgan, and Neil Vance, Group Head of Minted Products.
Neil shows off several exciting coins that the Perth Mint has lined up for 2018 release, while Charles and Neil discuss what differentiates the Perth Mint different from the Royal Australian Mint and why we are now in a golden age of numismatic innovation.
A period that the Perth Mint has been at the forefront, with its world renowned research and development department (think 2009 US Mint Ultra High Relief gold coin, which the Perth Mint assisted with).
For collectors of modern world coins and numismatists fascinated by the way coins are being reimagined by the mint industry, this video offers an interesting look at a side of the coin hobby that is usually only reserved for insiders.
Perth Mint coins featured:
- Gold and Silver Dragon ingot coins, legal tender of Australia
- Antiqued Silver Figure Eight coin, legal tender of Australia
- Lucky Cat colorized silver coin, legal tender of Tuvalu
- Antiqued Silver one kilo Koala coin, legal tender of Australia
- Star Trek Discovery silver coin, legal tender of Tuvalu
- Silver Birthday and Anniversary coins, legal tender of Australia
- Silver colorized Scooby-Doo coin, legal tender of Tuvalu
* * *
CoinWeek is the #1 website online for news and information about numismatics.
CoinWeek has also won the NLG Award for best numismatic website five years running!
Take your hobby the next level! Be sure to share this video with your friends and be sure to check out all CoinWeek has to offer.
COINWeek is the most advanced independent on-line media source for print and video Rare Coin and Currency news; with analysis and information contributed by leading experts across the numismatic spectrum.
More news and videos about coin collecting at CoinWeek.com.
NGC-Certified Australian Coins Currently Available on eBay