The April World Coins Signature Auction from Heritage featured the Douglas Robins Collection of Canadian Tokens – simply the finest collection of Canadian tokens to have ever been offered in a single auction. This collection was given its own catalog, which is certain to become a key reference in the field. Now, as a part of our continuing series of Month-Long auctions, we are offering Part II of this collection, with selections for every numismatic budget.
This auction is open for bidding now, ending with a live session scheduled for 8 PM CT on July 5.
Long-time dealer Doug Robins began collecting Canadian tokens in the 1970s, and as time passed this became a total passion. Every time a rare token came up that he didn’t have, he bought it. After his death about a year ago, his family contacted Heritage to help disperse the collection, a task we gratefully accepted.
This auction features a wide selection of Canadian tokens, along with other issues that would have circulated in pre-confederation Canada. A few of the highlights include:
- Nova Scotia “Anchor/H” 1/2 Penny Token 1816 AU50 Brown NGC, Br-Unlisted
- Lower Canada. City Bank “Bouquet” 1/2 Penny Token ND (1837) AU53 Brown NGC, Br-673
- Lower Canada. Bank of Montreal brass “Side View” Penny Token 1838 MS62 Brown NGC, KM-Tn16, Br-523
- Lower Canada. Banque du Peuple “Side View” Penny Token 1839 AU Details NGC, KM-Tn17, Br-525
- Province of Canada. Quebec “Hunterstown” Token 1852 XF Details NGC, Br-567
- British West Indies: British Colony. George IV copper Proof Pattern 1/100 Dollar 1823 PR64 Brown NGC, KM-Pn4, Br-862
- British West Indies: British Colony. George IV “Anchor Money” 1/2 Dollar 1822 MS63 NGC, KM4, Br-857
- British West Indies: British Colony. George IV Proof “Anchor Money” 1/2 Dollar 1822/1 PR65 NGC, KM4, Br-857
Bid on the treasures in this auction now at coins.HA.com.
Is It Time To Sell?
An exciting consignment opportunity presents itself, as Heritage proudly presents an auction of US coins on September 16-21 in conjunction with the Long Beach Coin & Collectibles Expo. Heritage’s Long Beach auctions have been fixtures, in conjunction with Long Beach coin shows, for literally decades. These auctions have a long-established record of attracting eager bidders and producing strong sale results for consignors, and we expect this pattern to continue.
You can personally benefit from Heritage’s connections to buyers from around the world and sell your coins alongside the millions of dollars of rare, desirable and important offerings that have already been consigned.
The consignment deadline of August 3 will be here before you know it. Call our Consignment Hotline at 1-800-872-6467 x1000 today!
September 16-21 Long Beach Expo US Coins Signature Auction
Consignment Deadline: August 3, 2020