The Royal Mint, one of the oldest continuously operating mints in the world, has struck coins for every British monarch for the last millennium, creating some of the most iconic coins in the history of numismatics. Beginning in 2022, the Royal Mint will celebrate this legacy with a unique series of coins honoring the Royal Houses and their unique numismatic portraiture. Heritage Auctions, as an official distributor of the Royal Mint, is able to offer the 1oz gold coins in this modern numismatic series exclusively to our clients.
You can find a full list of the upcoming monarchs that will be featured here: www.ha.com/BritishMonarchs.
The British Monarchs Collection will be a multi-year project that highlights coins of every ruler from the Houses of the Tudors, Stuarts, Hanoverians, Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, and Windsor, with 21 different issues in total. Using the highest quality example available from the collection of The Royal Mint Museum as a basis for the design, each coin in the series will reflect the best contemporary workmanship for that monarch’s coins as they were originally struck, and reworked to modern standards. The series will allow one to trace the evolution of British minting techniques and artistic style over the last half millennium, from the hammered coinage of Henry VII in the 15th Century to where we are today with the coins of Queen Elizabeth II struck with the most cutting-edge technology.
The fourth coin in the British Monarchs Collection celebrates the legacy of King Edward VII, the eldest son of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, as it features the original first profile of the king created by George William de Saulles in 1902. The newly released mintage pays tribute to the original design and artistic portraiture while updating it for modern viewers. This will also be the last coin in the British Monarchs series to feature the profile of Elizabeth II, before changing to the effigy of King Charles III.
- Fourth coin in the exciting new British Monarchs Collection
- Based on the original numismatic portraiture of Edward VII
- Struck in 999.9 gold to Proof standards
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity from the Royal Mint
- Graded and encapsulated by NGC in either “First Release” or “One of First 100 Struck” labels
- Total mintage of the one-ounce gold coins: 610
- Limited quantities available
- Expected ship date within four weeks
Pricing for the One Ounce Gold Coins
- “First Release” PF70 Ultra Cameo: $3,450*
- “One of First 100 Struck” PF70 Ultra Cameo: $3,950*
* Limit: 5 per customer
Contact us at [email protected] to reserve your example of this new series today.