By Doug Davis – Founder & President, Numismatic Crime Information Center (NCIC) ……
Coin Shop Burglary
Investigators are investigating the burglary of North Mississippi Coin Company. The suspects entered by cutting open the bottom part of the back door which did not trigger alarm. The suspects then cut a hole in the safe.
Partial listing of stolen coins:
- 15 rolls 2018 eagles
- 1799 NGC dollar VF
- 20 10oz bars (Elemetal and NTR)
- Double row box 11/2×11/2 containg pennies to quarters
- Double row black box slabbed pennies thru half dollars
- Double row black box slabbed common dollars
The 2×2’s and 11/2×11/2’s will have date in left hand corner and grade in right corner in black ink. All will have a small white sticker with price. Cost code on back.
Lost/Stolen Package USPS
Two packages being sent USPS Priority Mail from Dallas, Texas to Northern California have been reported missing/stolen.
Dealer Followed-Vehicle Burglary
Dealer Jack Noble, owner of Paccoin, was the victim of a vehicle burglary after leaving the Vancouver, British Columbia coin show on June 2, 2018. Noble advised that he had stopped 70 miles from the show when the incident occurred. Royal Canadian Mounted Police believe he was followed by members of a South American gang targeting the lower mainland of British Colombia.
The suspects who were described as hispanic were driving a red metallic Chevrolet Equinox. No additional details.
- Numerous Double row boxes of Raw Canada USA World Minors and Crowns
- 100 Ancient Coins
- NGC, PCGS, ANACS, ICCS Certified Coins
- Albums of Coins 13 books of 60 pockets (Mostly Canada)
Theft Territorial Checks/Canadian Notes
A brown valise containing approximately 150 Territorial checks from mostly western states dated from the 1860s through the 1890s, several engraved sets from Adams and Company dated 1850 (Pennsylvania, Illinois, California and Massachusetts), and a book of Canadian notes was taken during the recent paper money show in Kansas City.
Partial Listing of Canadian Notes:
- Canada Dominion CA1994241B Group2 $1 King George V Green Seal
- Canada Dominion H1A2866981 $1 Gordon/Towers sig
- Canada Provincial 35A $10 Toronto Hopkins/Bettes Orange OP,ABNCO
- Canada Dominion A1385896 $5 Block D Osborne/Towers sig
- Canada H/L 2993370 $1 King George VI Gordon/Towers
Please contact the Numismatic Crime Information Center’s Doug Davis if you have any questions or information about any of the cases above. You can reach him at (817) 723-7231, or email him at [email protected].
* * *
The Numismatic Crime Information Center is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit corporation. P.O. Box 14080 Arlington, Texas 76094.