Richard Burdick, Member, Love Token Society
Interviewer: David Lisot……….
A romantic aspect of coin collecting includes the love token.
Love tokens are coins that have been engraved or enameled to show affection for someone or to commemorate an event. The Love Token Society had a booth at the ANA Convention in New Orleans.
Longtime love token collector Richard Burdick was at the table and shared stories about his collection of these special items in numismatics.
Copyright © CoinWeek – May 2013 – Video on Love tokens
ANA National Money Show New Orleans
With its unique culture, rich numismatic history and eagerness to show its visitors a good time, New Orleans is the perfect host for the 2013 National Money Show. By day, enjoy all that the show has to offer:
- • The big bourse with an equally big inventory fit for the Big Easy
- • The signature Museum Showcase, featuring rarities from the Edward C. Rochette Money Museum and private collections
- • The Money Talks lecture series
- • The ANA Mobile Archives, where visitors can hold historical documents right in their hands
- • Hands-on educational opportunities for adults and kids
Find more news and video about coin and paper money collecting at: https://coinweek.com
Viewing the Richard Burdick segment on love tokens has been interesting. But knowing Richard’s collecting background and viewing the exhibit on line here, I can tell you that many of the best love tokens Richard owned were sold as a collection intact perhaps a decade ago to a collector. The best love token Richard owned was in that collection – a $20 gold with a 3 dimensional locomotive coming out at the viewer. Another outstanding piece was a $10 gold with a engraved image of a man in a cage with an inscription. The best “pop-out” was a full figure image of financier J.P. Morgan on a silver dollar.